Monday, May 14, 2012

Surfing USA

Before I could move into my flatshare, which I couldn't do until May 1st, I had to go surfing. Couch surfing, between three different sets of workmates. Matt, Melissa and Ian, Ash, then back to Matt's (so I could easily move down the road in Jersey City).

This was obviously very nice of my colleagues to offer their couch spaces and sofa beds (all of which were very comfortable, thanks guys!) but it meant having to ensure they were home and that I was pretty much tied to where they were on the evenings I stayed there. Thankfully, this was made a lot of fun.

When staying with Matt we watched some hockey; the NY Rangers being his team and fast becoming my team of choice. We of course enjoyed this with some proper New York style pizza.

20120421_192342

Staying with Mel and Ian meant fairly long subway rides but wasn't all that bad. We spent a couple of nights out, mainly due to visits from London work colleagues. Then I spent a weekend with Ash, during which we went with Melissa up to Yankee Stadium. I cheered on my new "local" team, the Yankees, whilst Melissa (who hails from Detroit) cheered on her beloved Tigers.

P1080805

P1080807
P1080806
This was a lot of fun (although the beer was pricey and the food simply terrible), and of course involved a lot of drinking, during and afterwards. Melissa was celebrating a Detroit win, I was annoyed the Yankees lost, and Ash couldn't have cared less!

Finally I went back to Matt's where there was more hockey and then I was ready to move!

Oh, I forgot to mention, I saw a space shuttle fly past the office on the back of a 747. Like you do, I suppose..

P1080802

No comments:

Post a Comment