Friday, February 25, 2011

Christmas & New Year: Stateside

I've been catching up with the photos I took over the festive period; a time which I spent between New York City and Wisconsin. I was at my company's New York office and apartments up til a week before Christmas, before jetting off to spend Christmas with my girlfriend and her family in WI. Then it was back to New York for New Years eve! Well, sort of - there was some crazy snow, fog, and flight problems to make it all seem a lot more hectic than it actually was.

I managed to get 3 distinct sets on my Flickr out of the best photos. The first of these includes the week up to Christmas Day and the few days after. Everything was beautifully white and I was in the middle of some delightful countryside and farmland.

A Wintery View

The second covered Christmas Day - which was spent with a large portion of my girlfriend's family - which was really nice as I missed my own family terribly having never spent a Christmas away from them before. They all made me feel very welcome!

Family Gathering

This also marked a change in my (thus far) fairly amateurish photography. L and her parents gave me my first DSLR camera! So I apologise for the first few sets of photos as I get used to the wealth of features suddenly at my keen fingertips...

Thirdly, I have a few snaps from New Years eve which we spent in Central Park. Mostly I took pics of fireworks, but the lighting and snow seemed to enjoy my camera so there's a few shots through snowy trees and such. However, I was just glad to spend a fun time of the year with L in her homeland!

Shadows of Us

Happy 2011 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment