Sunday, February 27, 2011

Adventures

When I first moved to London I was introduced to bar in Battersea called Adventure. This was mostly due to the fact my friend, already in London when I moved down, used to live with the co-owner. As it was near our respective flats it became a popular meeting place, and still is amongst a much wider circle of friends.

Nearly 4 years later and the bar has now developed into a chain of four. Our usual place is very small, but there's a bigger one in Balham where I have spent an extremely intoxicated birthday. I have (sadly?) never been to East Dulwich; but to complete the four they now have one in popular Covent Garden. It seemed apt that we'd go to the new bar for the aforementioned mate's birthday.

The style of Adventure is, certainly at the weekends, loud and busy. It's a cocktail bar with an insanely large selection of cocktails, served by fun, chatty, and sometimes a little drunk, bartenders. There's also bottle and spirits if cocktails aren't your thing. We went armed with a tonne of vouchers courtesy of Living Social, meaning we got 65% off when buying 4 cocktails; perfect for drinky-fun party-times. The site offers different deals each day designed to generate business for bars, spas, restaurants and the like in the form of cheap and one-time-only deals.

We had fun, and many drinks, and I'm sure we'll be meeting there again soon. For more reasons than the fact I still have 5 vouchers left...

No comments:

Post a Comment