Wednesday, July 11, 2012

June Has Been and Gone

So sorry.. I haven't updated this in ages. And I was going to update it every other day with brief stuff so everyone knows what I'm up to! Instead, I've been posting once a month and cramming a load of crap in there. So to catch-up, briefly, before I *actually* start updating this with more-or-less up-to-date and real-time info (and other hyphenated-words), this is what June has consisted of:

  • Working. More directorial visits from London! More drinking..
  • My lovely fiancée visited and we had a long weekend where she tried on her wedding dress (I didn't look!) and we walked the High Line (I looked), caught up with a couple of friends, and generally got to know some potential areas for living in. We had fondue! I had never had fondue before.. 
  • I saw Mogwai play a small venue in New York; Webster Hall, in the East Village. They were on really early and a fairly short set, but still decent.
  • I started looking, properly, for a proper apartment. I think I'm going to stay Jersey-way, because it has proper 1-bedrooms for the price of a wooden room in Manhattan. Brooklyn might be in with a surprise shout however, I will keep you posted!
  • I watched as much of Euro 2012 as possible. Pretty much all the games at the weekend could be caught in a bar or two. I deviated from the normal Midtown area for a couple of matches, after it was pointed out as being next door to Webster Hall!
  • I set off for Wisconsin, for a much-needed week off and time with my fiancée for 4th of July week... which will be the subject of my next post or two. Coming soon, I promise!

2 comments:

  1. Never had fondue!......now I know what to get you as a wedding present (was it cheese or chocolate?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was both, and more! 1st course veg in cheese, 2nd course meats & veg in bullion, 3rd course fruits in chocolate!

    ReplyDelete